Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
Tomorrow, Thursday, April 6, we will continue our year-long Campus Conversation series with a panel discussion on The First Amendment and “Speech” on Campus: What’s Going on and Why? from noon to 1:00 p.m. in Student Center West, Thompson Rooms A and B.
This will be the first time we have held the Campus Conversation on the west campus. There is a shuttle from the east side that arrives every 30 minutes on this route. Here is a map of the UIC shuttle bus and real-time tracker that stops in front of Student Center West at the corner of Polk and Wolcott.
The panel members are:
- Professor Sheldon Nahmod, University Distinguished Professor of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Rabbi Seth Winberg of Levine Hillel Center at UIC
- Professor Nadine Naber, Director, Arab American Culture Center at UIC
- Megan Carney, Director, Gender and Sexuality Center at UIC
- Rosa Cabrera, Director, Rafael Cintrón Ortiz Latino Cultural Center at UIC
- Lori Barcliff Baptista, Director, African-American Cultural Center at UIC
Information about all the panel members is available at https://provost.uic.edu/campus-conversation-series-april-2017/
This event will be streamed live from ustream.tv.
The panel discussion on April 6 will be followed by an Open Forum: Can We Imagine a More Just Future? on Wednesday, April 12, from noon to 1:00 p.m. in Student Center West, Thompson Rooms A and B. The open forum will provide a place for conversation and dialogue on the issues raised by the panel discussion. This is a great opportunity to talk, listen and learn from each other.
I hope that you will be able to join me and your fellow students, faculty and staff at the Campus Conversation tomorrow, April 6, and the open forum on April 12.
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs