Dear Faculty, Staff and Students,
Next week we continue our yearlong Campus Conversation series with a panel discussion on The First Amendment and “Speech” on Campus: What’s Going on and Why, on Thursday, April 6, noon to 1:00 p.m. in Student Center West, Thompson Rooms A and B.
The panel members are:
- Sheldon Nahmod, University Distinguished Professor of Law at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Nadine Naber, Director of the UIC Arab American Culture Center
- Megan Carney, Director of the UIC Gender and Sexuality Center
- Rosa Cabrera, Director of the Rafael Cintrón Ortiz Latino Cultural Center at UIC
- Lori Barcliff Baptista, Director of the UIC African-American Cultural Center
Biographies of all panel members are online.
The event will be streamed live from ustream.tv.
The panel discussion will be followed on Wednesday, April 12, by an Open Forum: Can We Imagine a More Just Future? from noon to 1:00 p.m. in Student Center West, Thompson Rooms A and B. The forum will provide an opportunity for conversation on issues raised by the panel. Come to talk, listen and learn from each other.
I hope that you will be able to join me and your fellow students, faculty and staff at the Campus Conversation on April 6 and the Open Forum on April 12.
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs